The Curriculum Theme Pack gives you access to a group of snippets and styles that allow you to create curriculum themed assets easily. Customising the Curriculum Theme Pack for your institution or department allows for a cohesive look across apps while incorporating your official colour scheme.
Creating a custom theme involves altering the fragment of styles that is included in the curriculumThemePack folder, then including that new fragment in your document.
- Open up the curriculumStyles.xml fragment. As the name suggests, it is a fragment that includes all of the styles necessary to format and colour the elements in the Curriculum Theme Pack. Without this fragment, none of the curriculum snippets would work. Save this file under a new name, e.g. institution_curriculumStyles.xml
- The fragment is separated into two sections: styles that colour the curriculum snippets, and styles that format the snippets (layout, size, etc). All of the formatting styles link to the colour styles.
- Alter the four colours in the first section of the fragment (titleColour, qaBackground, caseStudyBackground, and borderColour).
- It is important that you do not change the names of these styles.
- Note that foreground color applies to text, and background color applies to shaded boxes, borders, etc.
- We suggest using a dark colour for titleColour, a light shade for qaBackground and CaseStudyBackground, and a bright accent colour for borderColour.
- Save the file and include it in the beginning of your document using the include statement, e.g. <include src=“curriculumThemePack/institution_curriculumStyles.xml”/>. Remove the original curriculumStyles.xml include statement.
The curriculum snippets in your active document should now use your custom colours.
Please sign in to leave a comment.